Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Time!!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and not just because of the food. I find myself all too often being critical of the things and people around me. It's faaaaar too easy to complain, and to lose sight of all the many things I have to be thankful for. Especially in as great a country as I live in, where my every need is met, and I have enough leftover to pursue things I want. So here is a list of things I am thankful for:

~I am thankful for my beautiful wife, and for how splendidly our wedding went.
~I am thankful for an absolutely amazing family I get to be a part of.
~I am thankful for the many good friends I've been able to make, even despite years of moving around.
~I am thankful for a president who believes in helping others less fortunate than himself.
~I am thankful for a country where I even have the freedom to vote.
~I am thankful for my jobs that allow me to work with amazing people (and make some $$$)
~I am thankful for a university I can attend that allows me to be educated and develop my faith.

And there are so many other things, to. Too many to list. But that's the point, I guess. When you really think about all the wonderful things in life that you have, it really helps shape your perspective on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment